Frequently Asked Questions
How does this process work?
You've looked at the puppies' photos, you've watched and re-watched their little videos. You got your significant other to agree (probably the hardest part of this whole process right?), and now you're wondering what to do next! We love getting to know our Pup's new families - and we can't wait to meet you! Here is how the process will go.
1. Reach out to us! Send us an email, shoot us a text or give us a call (and don't forget to leave a message if we miss your call!). Let us know which puppy, or puppies you have your eye on. And please tell us a little about yourself! We want to make sure the puppy and you are well matched so that you can look forward to many wonderful years together! Tell us why you want a Poodle, what your hopes and dreams are for your life with your new pet! Are you looking for a couch potato or a hiking buddy? Poodles can usually adapt to both life-styles (providing they have ample space to run most days).
2. We will write or call you back. And then we get to know each other! We will answer any questions you have, and we will probably have a question or two for you.
3. Once we are both comfortable with each other we will ask you to decide for sure which puppy you'd like and ask you to place a deposit to reserve your puppy.
4. After we receive your deposit we will send you emails with information, links to our favorite products, and our health guarantee and contract.
5. Puppy come home day! Whether we are meeting you at a mutual agreed on location, or you're flying into Nashville and we're meeting in the airport, or we are flying the puppy to you - this is the moment you've been waiting for! The puppy kisses all over your face! Their sweet soft little self all snuggled up in your arms!
6. Please keep us updated! We love getting pictures, videos, and updates of your beloved new family member!
How are the puppies raised?
We raise our puppies carefully and with a lot of love! We raise the puppies as a family. When one of our Mama poodles are giving birth, this human Mama stays nearby and keeps a close eye on her. I offer her food and water, and am as involved as Poodle Mama wants me to be. Sometimes that's very involved, helping her clean each puppy when it's born, and sometimes that's not at all involved. Some Mama's don't want me touching their babies! (I'm sure the human mamas can relate to these varying opinions on help during birth!)
Our children are there eagerly waiting to hold the pups from the moment the pups are born! The kids hold the puppies frequently and play with them often as the puppies grow up.
Because we have several young children we let our Poodle Mamas raise their puppies in our attached garage. Truly, being in the garage is a bit less stressful than Mama Poodle and pups being in the living room watching the three year old run zoomies around the house!
We strive to give the puppies a healthy start by keeping them current with their deworming and vaccinations. We also make sure our puppies have an eight week vet check before they come home to you.